Date of last revision: May 25th, 2021
What this Policy Covers
The Types of Information we Collect & How we Collect
Advertising Content & Affiliate Links
Automatically Collected Information
Device Finger Printing
How we Use Information we Collect
How we Share Information we Collect
Your Choices – Opting Out or Correcting Your Information
Third Party Sites & Advertisements
Data Storage & International Data Transfers
California Resident Privacy Rights
Nevada Resident Privacy Rights
European Resident Privacy Rights
Notice of Changes
Contact DynamicTech Guides
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
Our Site is not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Site or provide your information to us through the Site or otherwise. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with their information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian may contact us by emailing us at email@example.com. We will remove the information and unsubscribe the child from any applicable services.
If you are a citizen of Switzerland, the United Kingdom, or a country in the European Economic Area, we explain the additional rights that you may have under European privacy laws in the European Privacy Rights section. If you are a resident of California, we explain additional rights that you may have in the California Privacy Rights section.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect the types of information described below. We provide a summary of how we collect and use information below and more details about how we collect personal information under Advertising and Affiliate Links and Automatically Collected Information. We provide more details about how we use and share information under How we Use Information we Collect and How we Share Information we Collect. We may link, combine, or supplement the information you provide us with other information we receive from third parties.
- Technical Information: Connection type, settings, operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device, device identifiers, or crash data. We collect this information automatically when you visit and interact with the Site, click links on our Site, engage with our content, click on advertising, or open our emails. We use Automatic Tracking Technologies to collect this information. We use this information to identify you and to analyze how you use our Site, to improve your experience, to remember your settings, to evaluate the performance of content, advertisements, or marketing campaigns, to tailor content, advertising or marketing to you, to evaluate or analyze trends, to help our advertising or affiliate program partners provide content or advertising that is relevant to you, to administer contests, sweepstakes, or promotions, for operational or security purposes such as to administer and deliver the Site or services, or to improve our Site or services.
- Demographics: Demographic data is generally aggregated information like age group, gender, behavior, interests, likes, or browsing or purchasing history, and may be combined with Identifiers and Technical Information. We receive this information from third parties, like ad networks, or collect it automatically when you visit the Site, click on links, engage with our content, click on advertising, or open our emails. We use this information to identify you as part of a demographic group, to analyze how you use our Site, to improve your experience, to to evaluate the performance of content, advertisements, or marketing campaigns, to tailor content, advertising or marketing to you, to evaluate or analyze trends, to help our advertising or affiliate program partners provide content or advertising that is relevant to you, for operational purposes such as to administer and deliver the Site or services, or to improve our Site or services.
- Information You Provide Us: Name, email address, phone, address, contest, sweepstakes, or promotion entry information, email communications you send us, or any other information you provide to us. We receive this information when you sign up to receive our email newsletter, enter a contest, sweepstakes or promotion, download content from the Site, respond to a survey, provide or respond to communications, or if you share our content. We may use Automatic Tracking Technologies and collectPersistent Identifiers and Technical Information and combine it with the information you provide us. We use this information to provide our newsletters to you, to communicate with you, to administer our contests, sweepstakes, or promotions, to provide you with relevant content, to provide you with content, advertisements, offers, coupons or other deals that may be of interest to you or to otherwise fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information.
- Interactions with Third Party Ads Placed on the Site: Clickstream data, click ID, Identifiers, Technical information, privacy consent events where applicable. Third parties may place advertising on our Site, or third parties may purchase advertising through unaffiliated ad networks that appears on ourSite. When you engage with advertising on our Site, we and the third party advertiser and/or ad network collect information about you. We share that information with the third party that placed the advertisement and/or the ad network. Both we and the third party use Automatic Tracking Technologies. The third party advertiser and/or ad network may also identify you as a visitor of a previous website or webpage and they may combine other information they collect about you. We use this information to identify you, to analyze how you use our Site, to improve your experience, to remember you and to provide you with relevant content, advertisements, offers, coupons or other deals that may be of interest to you, to help our advertising or affiliate program partners provide content or advertising that is relevant to you, and to provide and improve the Site and services.
- Social Media Interactions:Identifiers, Technical Information, name, email address, social media account information or activities (shares, likes). When you click on social media icons on our site (e.g. to share content or like content), interact with our advertisements on social media platforms, or interact directly with our social media pages, we receive information directly from you, from the social media platform provider, and through Automatic Tracking Technology. We use information collected from social media platform providers to allow you to use the features of the social media platform (e.g. to share content with your network), to track your engagement with our Site, our social media pages, or content (such as “likes”, “shares” etc.), to understand overall engagement, to communicate with you, to analyze trends and usage patterns, or to help us improve our Site or services.
- Interactions with Third Party Content Platforms: Identifiers, Technical Information, name, email address, social media account information or activities (shares, likes). Our content may be made available through third-party platforms or applications.When you interact with our content by viewing, clicking, or sharing our content, we will receive information about you from the third-party platform provider. The third-party platform provider use Automatic Tracking Technology to collect this information and share it with us.We use this information evaluate our content or advertising, to tailor content or advertising to you, provide you with relevant content, offers or advertising, evaluate or analyze trends, for internal operational or security purposes, to evaluate or analyze usage trends, or to improve our Site or services.
- Widgets (Ad Blockers, Push Notifications): First name, last name, email address, browser ID, push notification ID, Identifier, and Technical Information. Third-party widgets like ad blockers and push notification functionality may be integrated with the Site. These third party services share information with us if you engage with or use these widgets on our Site. We collect information when you interact with a widget to facilitate the features, functionality or purpose for which you provided it, and to remember you and your preferences.
Advertising & Affiliate Links
We display content, offers, or advertisements that may be of interest to our users on the Site, or other digital properties or applications. We use demographic data to identify segments of similar users. We will provide content or advertising that may interest individuals we identify to be similar to that segment based on their activity. Advertisements are targeted based on information that we collect directly or that we receive from third parties (like ad networks, ad servers, or through third party affiliate marketing programs). If we match you to a particular segment, we may provide offers, deals, content, or advertising that may be of interest to that segment, including you, and we may allow our advertising partners to better target their advertisements to that segment, including you. We and our third-party service providers use the information we collect for the purposes disclosed above, but primarily to identify you and to serve relevant advertising or content to you, to analyze performance of advertisements and content, to analyze usage trends, and to target offers, promotions, deals, or content to you on the Site and elsewhere online.
We and our advertising partners use Automatic Tracking Technology to collect information from you and to identify you. We will receive your information from third parties when you click through an advertisement or promotion on the Site, or when you click on an affiliate link in our content or purchase a product from an affiliate link. If you purchase product or service from an affiliate, we do not receive credit card information, or the specific items purchased.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any of the above third parties referenced above, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies so that you understand how they process information about you.
Automatically Collected Information
We use the following types of cookies on the Site for the following purposes:
- Statistics: Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with the website. We use these cookies to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. It includes the number of visitors, the websites that referred them to our Site, the pages that they visited on our Site, what time of day they visited, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity. We also use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies (e.g., third party cookies) and provides demographic information to us.
- Necessary: Necessary cookies help to make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation. These cookies are required to provide the Site and to enable you to use its features.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using asocial media sharing button or “like” button on our Site or engage with our content on or through social media sites. The social media sites will record that your activities.
- Preferences & Marketing: The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to remember you when you visit our Site. Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language. Marketing cookies will track your browsing habits across websites to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, third-party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show ads which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on ourSite. These cookies also store your location, including your latitude and longitude, which helps us show you locale-specific content.
We use “pixel tags,” which are small graphic files that allow us and third parties to monitor the use of the Site and collect usage data. A pixel tag can collect information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears, the URL of the page on which the pixel tag appears, the time (and length of time) the page containing the pixel tag was viewed, the type of browser that retrieved the pixel tag, and the identification number of any cookie previously placed by that server on your computer. We use pixel tags, either provided by us or by our third party advertisers, social media sites, third party affiliate partners or ad networks, to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with our Site and use them in combination with our cookies. Pixel tags also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit the Services or other websites.
A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Site, such as your service use data.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information that we collect to:
- Provide the Site, content, or services to you.
- Process transactions, or communicate with you.
- Provide you with information about products, services, offers, deals, or other information that is relevant to you.
- Communicate with you about contests, promotions and sweepstakes, upcoming events, or other news about products and services that we or third parties may offer.
- Provide you with information, products, or services that we believe will interest you, including opportunities from our third party partners.
- Administer and provide contests, sweepstakes, and promotions, and to select and notify winners.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, engagement, and other activities in connection with our Site or content.
- Provide certain features or functionality to you, like enabling you to share content, enabling downloads, push notifications, or ad block features.
- Identify you, relate you to a segment, personalize the Site, content, or our services.
- Provide, support, secure, monitor, and improve our Site and content.
- Analyze our Site and content, support or trouble shoot issues related to our Site or content, or for other internal business purposes.
- Contact you with administrative communications, including changes to terms or policies.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support or administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, or other messages or requests.
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions or other illegal or harmful activities.
- Protect our or our third-party partner’s rights and property.
- Protect the security or integrity of the Site or our services.
- Comply with regulatory and legal obligations.
- For other purposes that may be disclosed to you at the time of collection.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We may share information as follows:
- With your Consent: We may share your information with companies, organizations, or other third parties with your consent, or to fulfilL the purpose for which you provided the information.
- With Third Party Ad Networks, Advertising Partners, or Content Platforms: We may share information with our third-party partners, ad networks, analytics providers, affiliate marketing, content platforms, or technology integration partners who may use that information for their own marketing purposes. The information we share with those partners and unaffiliated third parties may include Technical Information, Identifiers, other identifiable information, or demographics and/or aggregate information. Those partners and unaffiliated third parties may receive this information from their own Automatic Tracking Technologies or from our Automatic Tracking Technologies.
- With Third Party Ad Networks, Advertising Partners, or Content Platforms: We may share information with our third party partners, ad networks, analytics providers, affiliate marketing, content platforms, or technology integration partners. We may share Technical Information, Identifiers, other identifiable information, or demographics and/or aggregate information with these partners. They may receive this information from their ownAutomatic Tracking Technologies or from our Automatic Tracking Technologies
- For Business Purposes: We provide information to vendors and services providers to help us provide the Site and services, and for our business purposes. Examples of our service providers include hosting or infrastructure providers, website hosts, customer relationship management providers, email application providers, collaboration tools, lead generation tools, or other service providers.
- To Market the Site or Our Partner’s Products or Services: We may share information that you provide us with service providers who help us market our Site or services or help us to market our third party partner’s products, services, programs, or other offers.
- For Corporate Transactions: We may share information with actual or prospective acquirers, their representatives, and other relevant participants in, or during negotiations of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructuring, divestiture or change in control involving all or a portion of our business or assets, including in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings. If we undergo a sale or corporate restructure, we may disclose information to a buyer or other successor in interest.
- With Third Party Download Providers, Widgets or Social Media Providers: If you click on a widget or social media feature, like the Twitter “tweet” button or Facebook”like” button, or download software from our Site, the third party provider may receive Technical Information, Identifiers, or Information thatYou Provide. They may receive this information from their own Automatic Tracking Technologies or from our Automatic Tracking Technologies.
YOUR CHOICES – OPTING OUT OR CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may choose to opt out of providing some information to us in some cases:
- Advertising: third party services providers and/or advertisers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You can visit here, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You can opt-out of the use of your behavioral data used by DAA members to serve you interest-based advertising on third-party sites here
- Google Analytics: You may manage the information that Google Analytics receives by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here.
- Mobile Opt-Outs: If you access the Site through an application (i.e., mobile phone or tablet) you can download the AppChoices application from your device’s application store (i.e., Google Play, Apple App Store, and Amazon Store). For more information, visit here.
- Our Email Communications: If you would like to opt out of receiving our email newsletter, you can opt out by sending an opt out email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by sending us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out only applies to the email newsletter or marketing communications, and not administrative or business communications.
- Information You Provide Us: You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
THIRD PARTY SITES & ADVERTISEMENTS
The Site includes content or advertisements with links to third party websites and third-party widgets. These sites, services, or widgets use their own Automatic Tracking Technologies to collect data or information from you. We do not control the practices of these third parties, or their websites or content. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. Please visit the privacy policies of these third parties to learn more about how they collect and use your information.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the information. However, no website, application, Internet, or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free, and we do not guarantee the security of any information.
DATA STORAGE & INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We operate in the United States. We store information in the United States. However, we and our third party partners may receive and store information globally. The information that we collect from the Site may be accessed by our employees or contractors located in other countries. Our partners or service providers may be located in other countries or may access information from other countries. By using our Site, or otherwise providing information to us, you acknowledge that your information is stored in the United States and may be accessed from other countries around the world in order to support the Site.
The countries we transfer information to may have data protection rules that are different and less protective than those of your country. Our service providers or data processors may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), and your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will either process your information in a territory which the European Commission has determined provides an adequate level of protection for personal information, or implement appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, including transferring it in accordance with applicable transfer mechanism, including the EuropeanCommission’s standard contractual clauses.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENT PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, the California ConsumerProtection Act (CCPA) provides you with additional rights regarding our use of your information. The rights outlined in this section do not apply to information exempted under the CCPA, including aggregated data, applicant information, or business to business communications about products or services, or to individuals who are not residents of California.
To the extent provided under the CCPA, and subject to applicable exceptions, California residents have the following rights with respect to the information that we collect:
- The right to request the categories of personal information we have collected, the sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable)personal information,
- To request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months,
- The right to opt out of sales of personal information (if applicable),
- To request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you,
- To exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA, and
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
Categories of Personal Information
For purposes of CCPA, we collect the following categories of personal information:
In the previous 12months, we collected:
- Identifiers, such as name, unique identifier, online identifier, email address, transaction identifiers, or IP address,
- Select Information in CustomerRecords, such as name, email, address, or telephone number,
- Commercial Information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies,
- Internet or Network Activity,
- Professional or Employment Related Information(for job applicants only), and
- Inferences from Information that Could be Used to Create a Profile, such as preferences or characteristics.
We have not collected the following categories of information in the previous 12 months:
- Biometric Information, such as hair color, eye color, fingerprints, retinal scans, or thermal, olfactory, or similar information,
- Audio, Electronic, and Visual Information.
Unaffiliated third party partners may collect or process any of the above types of information.
Sales & Right to Opt-Out of Sales
We do not ‘sell” personal information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include advertising technology activities as a “sale,” we provide you the option to request that we not “sell” your personal information. We sell or disclose the following categories of personal information for commercial purposes: identifiers, demographic information, commercial information, internet activity, geolocation data, and inferences.
To the extent we sell your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at anytime. You may submit a request to opt-out of by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information. You may also submit a request to opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
California residents may exercise CCPA rights by contacting us by phone or email as indicated in the Contacting DynamicTech Guides section below. Your rights may only be exercised by you or by your designated agent. You may submit a CCPA request to know twice within a 12-month period.
Your request must include enough information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include: (1) verifying your account information if you have an account within the Service, or (2) requesting two forms of identification that are reliable for verification purposes, unless the request includes sensitive information and, in which case, we may require three forms of verification and a signed declaration. The information included in your request must allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. If we cannot verify your identity or authority, we will not fulfill your request. We will only use personal data provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
You may submit a request through a designated agent. You must instruct that agent that they will need to state that they are acting on your behalf when making the request, have reasonably necessary documentation, and be prepared to provide the necessary personal information to identify you in our database.
Financial incentives are programs, benefits, or other offerings, including payments to consumers as compensation, for the disclosure, deletion, or sale of personal information about them. We do not offer financial incentives in exchange for information. If you use an ad blocker to restrict our collection of information about you, we may not allow you to access the content on our Site. We are able to provide the Site and services to you by allowing advertisers to target advertisements to our visitors.
California Shine the Light Disclosure
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83- 1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer data which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for their own direct marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following email address: email@example.com
Nevada Resident Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain information to third parties who intend to license or sell that information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address.
European Resident Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Switzerland, the United Kingdom, or a country within the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have rights under European data protection laws regarding the processing of your information. You have the right to access the information that we hold about you and, in some cases, to ask that your information be corrected, erased, or transferred (subject to limitations in applicable law). You may also have the right to object to or request that we restrict the processing of your information. If we collected information based on your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated in the Contacting DynamicTech Guides section below. The rights may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or where it would violate the rights of a third party. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity. In some cases, we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your information.
You may file a complaint with a data protection authority. The data protection authority will require you to first attempt to resolve any complaint with us. Please see Contacting DynamicTech Guides below to file a complaint with us.
With respect to the information that we collect or process as a result of your use or interaction with the Site, we may be considered a joint controller with our third party partners (e.g. ad networks, analytics providers or affiliate marketers). Third party partners that are joint controllers as a result of the information that they receive, collect and process from the Site are responsible for obtaining any necessary consent and/or ensuring that they have a lawful basis for processing personal information.
Where we collect information for our own purposes, like when we collect information when you visit the Site, when you interact with our social media pages, email newsletters or other marketing, sign up for a contest, or the information that we collect about your use of the Site, DynamicTech Guides is the “data controller.” Our lawful basis for collecting this information is with your consent, to fulfill contracts, our legitimate interest in providing the Site and content to you, or to comply with our legal obligations.
We will retain information for as long as necessary to fulfill our legitimate business purpose, to comply with any laws or regulations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. We may retain information longer for our legitimate business interest if retention is not outweighed by your personal rights and freedoms.
NOTICE OF CHANGES
CONTACTING DYNAMICTECH GUIDES
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information, your choices or rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at: